5 month ultrasound

We had our 5 month ultrasound and the baby is doing amazingly well!  Our little munchkin' is really active much more active than Nevaeh ever was at this stage and it has been so much fun feeling this one move SO MUCH!  We were able to check out his/her heart, brain, tummy and limbs (including a great shot of some big Samoan feet).  I can't believe how emotional I got, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since we had been through it before but I just feel that much more blessed to be able to have such a healthy kid AGAIN!
Anyway, we did NOT find out the sex of the baby.  I think it is a boy, just because he/she is so active and I did have some slight morning sickness this time around.  BUT I am secretly hoping for a girl.  I know we already have one but knowing how special and strong the bond between sisters is I feel the need to give that to Nevaeh.  I can't imagine life without my sisters, a best friend is one thing but a sister... no comparison.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED having my brother for as long as I did, it was a very comforting feeling to have such a strong big brother in my life.  He did everything a big brother should, he was funny, caring, protective and picked on me like only he could, but still a little sister for Nevaeh would be GREAT.
With that being said, I am grateful the baby is big and healthy, no matter the sex!
Only 19 more weeks to go before we meet this little bundle of joy!!

2 comments:

Mageo Crew said...

Yeah, today's appointment was pretty amazing. Seeing the four chambers of the heart and the blood being pumped out and the kidneys working and everything else...it was like the first time all over again. I think a girl would be great for Nevaeh and also on the wallet since all her clothes are still stored away, but also a boy would be nice to grow up and be her bodyguard and be mommys bodyguard too. Either way, it was just great to see everything functioning properly. I guess we're half way there huh? Man, I can't wait....

Kikarafonik said...

Congrats, on a healthy and active baby. We should have a playdate for our belly bumps because mine is kicking like crazy ;)