Well, it has been forever since my last post but it really feels as if I have been super busy. The ridiculous heat has not helped!! One of the biggest things that happened is that Nevaeh is using the potty consistently. She has had a few accidents when she is busy playing but other than that she lets me know when she has to go. I wish I could give out a great secret but she decided to use the potty on her own. All I did was got her used to her potty by sitting her on it every once in a while. Jacob got off early from work on Friday so Nevaeh got to go to Toys R Us and pick out a toy for using the potty; she picked a doctor's kit, which she LOVES and she plays with it from the moment she wakes up. I am so happy that she uses the potty now but I am kind of sad that my baby is growing up.
Jacob had three days off because of the holiday and he was extra helpful at home. He always does his best to clean up after himself and to help clean while I am making dinner but this weekend he went above and beyond!! He cleaned and COOKED all weekend long, I was in heaven.

Saturday we drove down to L.A. for my friend Vere's house warming party. She has actually lived there for many years...like 4... but she has been slowly working on several projects and now they are completely done. Her house looked great, her dad, brother and boyfriend did most of the work themselves. She had a great band there so needless to say Nevaeh had a wonderful time and she danced the night away. Jacob and I could not get enough of the food and home made Sangria.
On Monday we went over to Jacob's brothers house to enjoy their pool and AC! It was so much fun and we definitely didn't feel the heat while in the pool. They BBQ'd and I had one too many Bud Lights ... I was actually falling asleep!! I couldn't help myself it was so hot.
It has been so super hot and humid that I have been unable to find relief! We only have one fan and that one stays in Nevaeh's room at night because her room is like an oven. We have been fine without a fan in our room at night until Saturday night... we went all over town looking for a fan but no one had them in stock!! Finally Walmart got some in last night so we bought two box fans. They were only $11 but we actually slept through the night!!

Nevaeh is still on her princess kick... she still has me call her Cinderella and she calls me Snow White or Ariel. She is so cute!!! I have been given dirty looks when people hear her I am sure many of those people have been uber-feminist but I don't really care. I definitely haven't begged Nevaeh to like princesses or to enjoy wearing skirts... she saw them in her books and decided she really likes them. I also didn't force Nevaeh to play doctor she did that on her own as well. Some moms can be so judgmental!
Till Next Time,
Jen
6 comments:
When you're that cute and sweet and polite, you can do what you want!!! And I think it's a testimony to your good parenting that she wants to involve you in her games and that she has such a grasp on creative play at such a young age.
Kids are kids. I think it's awesome that her imagination is flourishing and she imagines herself a different princess everyday. I would never judge you. (thanks for not writing judgEmental, btw =)).
Yes, I hate princesses but that doesn't mean my daughter won't be given that opportunity to LOVE LOVE LOVE them and if she does, I will let her love it.
Good for you and good for Veah and the POTTY!
Neveah has a great imagination! A stethoscope out of an ear piece? Calling Mommy Ariel? Too friggin' cute.
Maybe she could hang out with Jessalyn some and have it rub off. I'd much rather be Ariel, Bella -- even Fiona(!!!) than Arliss or Daddy. Gosh.
This is totally off topic but when I met Jacob last night, I wanted to say, "TalooooooooFA!" lol j/k ...kinda.
I wish so badly I could have joined you at Vern's parte'! Sounds like it was a blast :-)
oxox
I totally agree. It's a testament to Neveah (and to her wonderful parents) that her imagination takes her so many places. Yay for her, and boo to the critics!
Well thank you ladies very much!! I am glad to read all of your wonderful comments. Even though I try to pretend that I don't care what other mommies say about me ... I obviously do!
Thanks,
Jen
Post a Comment