Okay, on Saturday I went to a friends baby shower and my SIL's mother asked me if I was pregnant and when I said no she quickly glared at me and said "you're not pregnant, yet you better hurry up before it's too late", I don't know why but that bothered me a lot. Why would she say that? She knows that Jacob and I have been "trying" for a few months. I don't think she meant to hurt my feelings but she did. She made me feel like there was something wrong with me or I was doing something wrong (like I don't feel like that already!).
ANYWAY
So Nevaeh had dropped daddy and mommy and has decided instead to simply call us mom and dad! Jacob came home for lunch one day and she said "hi dad" and then just kept walking. Then the other day she needed help with the potty and all I hear is "mom, help me pweeze"... if she would have said please correctly I would have flipped!!
I really miss being mommy! When she really wants something then I will get a mommy but usually it is just mom... what is going on here? Where is my baby? Jacob has even suggested we put her in preschool?!?!??!!? Who does that?!?! She is only two! Right? He wants to put her in school twice a week for 4 hours, I think it is great and awful all at the same time. I think everything is hitting me at once... I haven't gotten pregnant yet, I am having a birthday next week, Nevaeh is sleeping in a toddler bed, she is practically potty trained and now she is calling us mom and dad!! I don't think I am ready to have a big girl who dresses herself and decides what she wants to do on a Saturday afternoon. I can't believe I am one of those moms I always swore not to be!!
Don't get me wrong I don't want to be breastfeeding a 27 month old or giving her a pacifier but seriously, where did time go? Time just flew by. It was just yesterday I was crying because it hurt to breastfeed and now I have a big girl who tells me exactly what she wants for lunch! Maybe I am just letting the "you're not pregnant, yet" comment bother me.
All I do know is that I need to continue soaking Nevaeh's every move in and appreciating every headache and frustration because my baby will only be 27 months once!
Jen
3 comments:
Why do people think it's appropriate to comment on other's uteruses?!
That was just RUDE!
I got just the oppostite, since I got pregnant about a week after Andy's 1st birthday. I got a lot of "this soon, why would you want another already?"
Andy still calls John "Daddy". But he stopped calling me anything months ago! I don't get a mommy or even a mom.
I'm even thinking about when to move Andy into a full size bed. I think the extra room might get him to stay in the bed.
I would love to send him to preschool, we just aren't fully potty trained yet. But the talking is coming along.
I concur that the time is going way too fast. Last night when I was scooping sleeping Andy off the floor to put him back in bed, I just held him for a few minutes and rocked him. Just because it was so nice to hold him like he was a baby again.
Time flies entirely too fast (as I impatiently wait for this bun in my oven to come out already!).
Don't get me started on mistaken pregnancies... Too late.
When I first moved here, we were looking at homes and this old man asked if we were expecting another. Without missing a beat, I rubbed my belly and said, "Oh, nooo... just living the good life." and we had a good laugh. I played if off rather well until we got in the truck and let it rip! Poor Tomas.
Needless to say, we didn't rent his nasty ol' wannabe handyman poorly done crown moulding havin' house. Shhh*t....
But I digress...
It's pretty special to be 27 and have a 27 monther. You've got a couple more days of celebratin' to do. Do work!
You are too funny chica! You're also RIGHT about time flying. Scary isn't it :-P You will get pregnant when the time is right and Nevaeh will ALWAYS be your baby girl so don't ever forget that. BTW - Happy Early Birthday!!! I'm so glad we have these sites to keep up with each other. It's so much fun!
Miss yah,
Erika
Post a Comment