Well, my little angle has decided she no longer needs a nap!! Heaven help me!! She may not need a nap but I still need my time alone. She has not napped since last Friday, even though I know she is super tired. It all started when she started getting the sniffles. I thought she just couldn't breathe out of her nose very well, then I thought the tylenol was working against me, now that she has a full blown cold I am blaming it on that.
I have tried getting her super tired by running around outside...nothing. I tried leaving her in her crib sobbing for about an hour (more on that later)... nothing. I tried letting her watch a movie... nothing. I even tried lying down with her... nothing. I really hope this doesn't mean she is out growing her nap phase, does it?
What is a SAHM to do when her toddler had decided that nap time is for babies!?! I take my lunch break during her nap.. I get to watch "the view" during her nap... I unwind during her nap... what am I supposed to do now??
It is sort of funny, even though she has tired me out today, I still managed to have a whole bunch of fun with her outside. We played with Kona, we had our weekly photo shoot and she even got to take a few pictures herself. I got to give it to her, even though she is pretty sick (with a cold) and she hasn't napped, she is still in good spirits (she gets that from her daddy, always in a great mood no matter what).
***When I made the mistake of letting her cry in her crib I found her holding on for dear life (she had climbed up one of the sides of the crib), she was saying "pweese, mommy help"... I had to laugh but inside I was crying.***
Anyway, due to the "pweese, mommy help" incident we are going to break down and make our way to furniture row to find her a big girl bed. We are going to price the twin/full size beds but if they are way to expensive we will stick to the $89 toddler bed. I will let you know how it all went.
til then,
Jen
6 comments:
love the pictures...did you body slam her in that second picture?
I have been thinking about you guys! We miss you this week. Molly has the sniffles too and hasn't been sleeping well-neither has Lorelei but we are both (Chryshelle and I) nearly 100% certain it's teething for ours.
Hope Vaeh feels better soon and that nap returns. Don't scare me!
Oh and to answer your question-I don't think there's anything you can do as a SAHM but mourn it when it happens. =(
Andy goes through phases where he thinks he doesn't need to sleep. We either have a fight which usually ends up with me holding him until he falls asleep or he just futzes in his room for a few hours. Either way, he HAS to have a few hours of quiet time. For the sake of my sanity and his nerves, he needs time to himself as do I. Just keep putting her in her room no matter what.
Wait until she's older.
Jessalyn didn't nap yesterday, went to bed (in her room) shortly after I left for MNO then woke up around 4 in the morning and decided to play. She played in her room until she found her way to my side of the bed and woke me up to put her in the bed with us. That happened at 6. She slept until 9. Argh!
I feel for you, girl. I cry a little inside.
OMG I'm so sorry I don't know what I do if Patrick stopped taking his nap every afternoon during General. You poor thing I hope you get some down time when she goes night night!
Believe me...I feel your pain. :)
Post a Comment