Jacob, Nevaeh and I had the best Sunday ever! We decided to pack our play stuff and head out to the park. We ended up at MLK and played in the sand, played soccer, played football, swung on the swings and slid down the slides! We were there for about an hour and a half, it was exhausting!!
When we got home I decided that I want to do some gardening. I started on our side/front yard. It was such a difficult task I undertook because our yard looked HORRIBLE but now it looks so much better!! When we were done I was telling Jacob that we need to take pride in our home not just take it for granted... which is what we have been doing for the pat 4 years. We have promised each other that will will work on our yard once every two weeks and hopefully we will have the "entertaining" back yard we always dreamed of by the end of the year! We don't need to spend hundreds of dollars (at least not all at once), we just need to care for the things we already have!! I am going to work on planting some pretty flowers next time!! I am a little nervous but am committed to getting it done.
Once we are done with the yard, we will begin working on all the small tasks we need to complete inside the house. We are hoping to have EVERYTHING done (inside and out) by Christmas 2009. It seems like a long time from now but with only one income it is the best we can do ;).
2 comments:
we should've had someone take a picture of when i tackled you, that was fun. it was even funnier when you held your back in pain and said, "Um, did you notice that I don't have pads on!" Oops, I just saw you had the football, everything else was a blur. Sorry... :)
Good for you. Good things come from hard work and patience. You will love and appreciate the space even more when you know you've done it together.
I look forward to seeing your progress!
Post a Comment