Weekend

On the 4th, we decided to go to our friends timeshare, which is right on the beach for a BBQ and sunbathing. It was a lot of fun and Nevaeh LOVED hanging out on the beach for hours!

Nevaeh slept in her underwear Friday night, because I forgot to change her. Anyway, she snuck into our bed around 4 and then at 7 she woke up yelling, "EEEWWW, daddy's gross!!" I asked her why and she said, "he is sweaty". I leaned over to touch him and leaned right into my daughter's PEE!! Gross, I know!! At 6:45 a.m. the last thing I wanted to do was change the sheets, give her a bath, and change her all while dealing with a crying kid!! The only thing that got me through it was Nevaeh apologizing for "pee the bed"!! My poor baby, I tried to make sure she understood it was an accident and it wasn't her fault. While I gave her a bath, Jacob changed the sheets and put the pee soaked ones in the wash. Nevaeh was not about to go back to sleep after that so she went off to the living room and daddy followed. I headed straight to the bed and went back to sleep. When I woke up I found the entire house CLEAN. Jacob was sweet enough to make breakfast, wash the dishes and clean the house... while I slept! So sweet, his mama taught him well!!

We ended up in church last night which was awesome because we always intend to attend Saturday service but usually miss it due to Nevaeh's napping schedule. Nevaeh FOR THE FIRST TIME, walked into children's church without the slightest whimper!! She was telling us in the car, all the way there, that she was going to play with her friends, pray and eat snacks all on her own... and to our surprise SHE DID!
Anyway, since we diid church last night we have all morning to hang out as a family!! We have decided to head out to Carlsbad and get a nice workout in then play on the beach. We have packed our lunch bag and are now going to get ready and head out! Nevaeh convinced us to buy her a kite, which we will fly at the beach today!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend... or what is left of it!

3 comments:

inTRISHting creations said...

Yay for some extra sleep!
Yay for no whimpering!
Yay for beach picnics!
Yay for clean house!
Yay for kite flying!

Yay for a relaxing weekend with family (minus the peepee bed, that couldn't have been exciting)!

McCoyFamily said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend despite the peepee in the bed incident....Happy 4th of July!!

inTRISHting creations said...

I meant relaxing, not exciting. Must have had peepee on the brain.

Gasp! Ewwwww...