Busy

This weekend was fun but exhausting. Friday was Jacob's extra day off so he decided to go play golf... at 7 AM, what a freak!! Who gets up at that God forsaken hour when you don't have too? He actually left the house a quarter til 7. He ended up staying out until almost 11... who golfs for that long? Golf is Jacob new found sport, I got him a self of clubs for Father's day and he has been loving the sport ever since. My poor honey has working his little fingers to the bone since we decided I should stay home to raise our baby girl. He is exactly the kind of man I always wanted to marry... Nevaeh and I are two lucky, or should I say blessed, gals. Due to Jacob's extended golf game he and Nevaeh changed their bi-weekly breakfast date to a lunch date... she definitely did not mind!
That night we went to "Jazz in the park" in Carlsbad. We took a blanket, pizza and beer and listened to music while Nevaeh played in the sand. It was a lot of fun but a little overcrowded. Nevaeh and Jacob danced so much Nevaeh was ready to go home within 2 hours!!
Saturday morning I drove up to L.A. for my sister, Alex's surprise baby shower. I don't know how Moni and I pulled it off but we did somehow!! Our friend Vere helped us set up and she provided the spectacular prizes, which everyone was fighting for ;-). Moni and I were running around cleaning and setting up right up until Alex showed up. I invited my friend from college, Claudia, super last minute... as in during my drive down to L.A. to my surprise she actually showed it. We don't get to see each other very often but when we do you would never know it has been years since the last time we hung out!! (The last time I saw her was at my baby shower!!). She is super sweet and I am very grateful she showed up... I am very grateful everyone showed up to make Alex feel so special.
Sunday morning, we stayed in doors while it POURED outside.. yep you read that correctly it POURED in southern Cali!! It only rained for 3 or 4 hours but it rained. It was a nice change until it stopped raining and the humidity set in. We managed to get ourselves to church and just chilled the rest of the day.
I continued to read my book, Frankenstein, alone because Jacob decided early on that he didn't understand it!! It is my all time favorite book so I had to read it again... and I am remembering vividly why I absolutely love it!! (If you haven't read it you should!!)
Anyway that was it for our weekend...

Til Next Time,
Jen

0 comments: