The weekend



The pictures are of Nevaeh and my niece, Nikki, went for a bike ride with Jacob. Nevaeh loved it!! We need to get a bike like that!!

Are you kidding me!! The weekend is over? It feels like it should be Saturday morning not Monday.
On Saturday we went to L.A. for my nieces 16th birthday party. Nevaeh really wanted to go to her friend Alanna's 2nd birthday party but unfortunately we had a traffic filled LONG drive to L.A. so we were unable to go. My niece’s party was interesting but mostly uneventful. My sister's boyfriend invited his drunk friends to the BBQ. We left L.A. around 9:30 p.m. and talked about the BBQ all the way home (the drive felt really short). When we got home Nevaeh was completely asleep but we assumed she would be up and running around when we got her out of the car. We were preparing ourselves for a tossing and turning 2 year old in our bed that night BUT surprisingly she woke up for a second when Jacob got her out of the car but that was it!! Jacob put her in her bed and she stayed there!! What a big girl... she must have been exhausted.

On Sunday, we woke up and went to church. We took Nevaeh to the child Care/Sunday School for toddlers and she cried when we left but they didn't call us the entire time. FYI, at New Venture they give your children numbers and if they cry or need to get picked up from they childcare they flash your number up on a screen during the service. Jacob and I were so proud of her. That evening we watched part of the Charger game (they lost by the way) then went to the DQ for some ice cream, which was FANTABULOUS and worth every calorie.

This morning Jacob woke me up at 7 a.m. because he heard my phone ringing and he thought it was ringing in Nevaeh's room (it was actually ringing in the garage!). Anyway, I went into Nevaeh's room at about 7:30 because according to Jacob I needed to get my phone out of there. As I slowly opened the door... I looked over at Nevaeh's crib and I hear... "hi, mommy, goo moning"... SHE WAS UP!! I was okay with it because she woke up in such good spirits. I was supposed to go on a playdate to the park and work out with other mommies but my nephew and nieces grandma called and asked me to watch the kdis because she needed to run some errands. I said yes without thinking about he playdate I had planned, oh well. Nevaeh loves playing with her cousins so she definitely doesn't mind.

1 comments:

Judy said...

A few things:
What a BIG GIRL! Sleeping in her big girl bed, waking up by herself pleasantly...Such a sweetheart.

Second-LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog. Keep it coming! Isn't it addicting?

Lastly-LOVE your ticker! SOOOOO cute! =)