Last Night


Last nigth Nevaeh had a little bit of a break down! Jacob couldn't put her down until 9:45 p.m. because she NEEDED her blanket which mommy forgot to put in the drier!! Anyway once he finished with her bed time routine she began crying because she wanted to kiss and hug Kona (our 5 pound Pomeranian) good night. After about 30 minutes of crying... mommy couldn't take it anymore, so I went in to see what was wrong. She immediately got up and said "mommy, watch chee bee (TV)", it broke my heart and I did the unthinkable... I GOT HER OUT OF HER CRIB AND BROUGHT HER OUT WITH US TO WATCH TV! Okay, before you all pass judgement on me, my reasoning was that she RARELY has a fit when we put her down so obviously something was wrong... right?!?! Well Jacob gave me the same look you all probably have on your faces after reading that!! I finally took her back to bed when we were done watching TV AT 11. Her bed time routine took a little longer than usual because she didn't want to go to bed but finally at around 11:30 ish I walked out of her room!
Due to last nights events we were unable to make it to our 11 am pool playdate we had scheduled today in Escondido. Nevaeh didn't wake up until 10:10 a.m., I didn't know what to do with myself all morning long without my baby.
Well I got to go because today is "clean the house day"... I need to count that as my workout for the day!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, no judgment here. We do what we do because we KNOW our children. Look at it this way-you had the morning to yourself! YAY! =)

Maria said...

The only look on my face was a huge smile and a little snicker!Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do to have some peace. And you may not have know what to do all morning, but I bet you loved the peace!
Oh and the other night, I heard Andy futzing around in his room at 10:45! So you're not alone.